- This event has passed.
International Conference on Bird, Biodiversity and Tourism
November 14, 2016 - November 15, 2016
The International Conference on Birds, Biodiversity and Tourism (ICBBT2016) Intends to bring together people who are involved in bird studies and research on bird monitoring, bird conservation, illegal bird trade with respect to tourism. The growing industry of Bird tourism has both positive and negative impacts on the life of birds and thus their conservation. This is aggravated by the use of technological advances that have driven the industry to levels that are sometimes unacceptable. Technological advances such as wind power, solar farms for alternate energy, urbanization and other industry, have further contributed to the impacts. The areas of Ethno- Ornithology has provided a revival for traditional relationship searches to help limit bad impacts while contributing to good practices that help bird conservation.
- Usefulness of citizen science in environmental conservation and protection
- Impact in bird photography on bird conservation
- Present day tourism practices and future directions
- SMART communication in Tourism, Bird Tourism and bio monitoring
- People participation in bird and biodiversity conservation
- Zero carbon pathways in bird and biodiversity tourism
- Ethno ornithology for conservation objectives
- IBAs and KBAs where do they complement and how do the complement
- Prof. Sarath Kotagama
Professor of Environmental Science, Department of Zoology, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Dr. Hum Gurung
Network & Partner Development Manager, BirdLife International (Asia), Tanglin International Centre, Singapore
- Dr. Mike Clarke
CEO, The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, United Kingdom.