- This event has passed.
Global Cancer: Occurrence, Causes and Avenues to Prevention
June 8, 2016 - June 10, 2016
A scientific conference to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the International Agency for Research on Cancer
In keeping with IARC’s mission over the past five decades, this anniversary conference will feature presentations on research into the global occurrence, etiology, and prevention of cancer as well as the implementation of prevention and early detection. The multidisciplinary conference will bridge cancer research through to cancer control and policy, providing comprehensive state-of-the-art summaries from keynote speakers as well as a look forward at future research priorities.
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) is the specialized cancer agency of the World Health Organization. Its mission is to coordinate and conduct research on the causes of human cancer, the mechanisms of carcinogenesis, and to develop scientific strategies for cancer control. The Agency is involved in both epidemiological and laboratory research and disseminates scientific information through publications, meetings, courses, and fellowships.
CONFERENCE KEY DATES
– Registration opens: 1st July 2015
– Abstract submission opens: 15 September 2015
– Abstract receipt deadline: 15 January 2016
– Notification of abstract acceptance: 15 February 2016
– Deadline for early bird registration: 21 March 2016
– Welcome reception at Lyon City Hall: 7 June 2016
– Conference: 8-10 June 2016